Friday, April 9, 2010

Libby Montana News - DC Orr Speaks - " We now have the momentum to change predatory policies"

"DC Orr-vs- Glena Young-Hook - Motion for Attorney fees hearing - momentum to change predatory policies."

"" Press release: 4-7-2010

RE: Motion for Attorney fees hearing of 4-6-10

To the people of Libby;

I have now gone into legal proceedings with the City of Libby three times, and have won every time.

It amazes me how all of the heated rhetoric changes when people raise their right hand and promise to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

I don’t believe we should be forced to go to court to get to the truth of government dealings.

On the witness stand testifying for the Clerk, the Mayor didn’t accuse me of attacking the City Clerk like he did in his letter to the editor.

The Mayors’ testimony was dominated by his inability to recall almost any pertinent facts of the issue at hand.

In fact, we proved in court that his Clerk threatened an elected official.

My honor is intact.

Now, I haven’t put myself, and my family, at risk of harm just for the fun of it.

I haven’t spent tens of thousands of dollars just to defend my honor. Just so we are clear on this, the next time I go to court with the City I am going to take a TON of your money when I walk out.

I have taken these measures to protect your best interests
and attempt to ensure this doesn’t happen to anyone ever again.


We now have momentum to change the predatory policies that have harmed this community for far too long. I am going to devote the remainder of my term in office trying to affect policy that will ensure no one is ever abused by City government again.

The Judge said this was a “horrible Personnel issue”, I think that the Personnel Committee is a good place to start.

The people of Libby have to help, there is political power only in numbers.

The idea of putting cameras on Mineral Avenue was only put to rest because of the crowd in the audience. If the people of Libby truly want to direct their own destiny, they have to show up.

I am not without compassion for the City Clerk and the issue of her legal fees. I am also cognizant of the fact that half of those fees were for her personal time and effort and would have gone in her own pocket. I think there is a way out of this that would be agreeable to most everyone involved.

Since this half-literate, red-necked ditch digger walked into court and faced the City Clerk and her high paid attorney, the Mayor of Libby, and the Head of Personnel (and Personal Assistant to the County Commissioners), and whipped them all, maybe Attorney Todd Glazier should just refund her fees.

Sincerely, DC Orr ""

No comments:

Post a Comment